Friday, December 18, 2009

homemade Pottery Barn dresser

After realizing how very little closet space we actually have in this apartment we realized that getting a dresser would be unavoidable, although we tried. But we really couldn't find one that we liked for a price we were willing to pay right now. (Tough to buy ALL your furniture at the same time... lots of money to dish out!) So we found this one on KSL for $50.


It's a pretty good size and was in decent shape, except that the (ugly) drawer pulls were missing on 4 of the 6 drawers, and there were some dents and dings and scribbles in various areas.


No worries though- we removed the two ugly pulls, filled in the holes on all the drawers, sanded the entire thing down, and painted it black.


Then we drilled one NEW hole in the middle for our cute new knobs, and I sanded down all the edges to add a little extra charm.

...TUNE IN NEXT TIME to see the finished product! i.e. as soon as I take a picture of it.

3 comments:

  1. JORDAN. Are you serious. :) I LOVE THIS. I have been SURFING through our Anchorage Craigslist for things like this to 'redo.' But I have to wait on certain things.. like there not to be ice on every square inch outside so I don't slip and slide and smash into a corner. I would use the garage but then that means that I'd have to plug in a car outside... and I just don't know how to do that. And the second... it's Alaska... where even the pretty stuff is way too ugly to save. HA. I kid. But someday, I will have a nice KSL or Craigslist that I can surf through and find all sorts of old treasures. :) I'm SO EXCITED to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you taken a picture yet? I want to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete