Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dear sir, I do say that is a very nice wall.

After realizing that I just can't get enough of HGTV I decided something must be done. This is a blog celebrating my passion for home design... it will be mainly a wish list by definition but someday, when I own my own home, hopefully I will have the resources to put some of these ideas to work! And with any luck I will also be able to post some of my proudest design accomplishments. Isn't blogging great?

For this first post I have to share:



I found this picture on this HGTV website, but I have long been in love with the idea of wall graphics, being a renter who isn't typically allowed to paint.
And there are lots of options besides just plain polka dots. (I think the French script below says, "Dear sir, I do say that is a very nice mustache." HA! I love it. At least that's what the site said. Any French speakers?)


I originally saw the wall graphics idea at Ikea and haven't been able to find it there since, but after a little bit of online searching (you can find them under "decorative stickers") I found some. How cute are these? And for only $10.


To check out the silhouette frames in the above picture (AND more super cute options like the moustached Frenchman) look at Loxii. Brilliant!

3 comments:

  1. JORDAN. I love this. You know i have to love this because i have a 'house blog' too!!! great minds think alike. I am an HGTV addict. In fact, in the letter I list all the shows I watch and there are like 5 HGTV shows on there... that I watch religiously. NOT including all the shows that I just happen to see all day long (It's been on HGTV for the past 6 hours at least... you know, while I finish my letter!). :D

    Keep the updates coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love this! Great thinking, Jo. Can't wait for more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete