Wednesday, January 26, 2011

baby, baby, baby oh!

Believe it or not I had more of an idea about how to decorate a baby boy room than a baby girl room.  There are a lot of options for girls it seems... but here's what I'm thinking.

I love the idea of doing a bird theme.




I like these a lot also because I'm not so much into doing an overload of pink, and I feel like there are lots of options for wall colors and accessories and such with these kind of prints.  In fact, if I weren't to do birds, I would consider doing purple instead of pink!  It's good to be different :o)

But there are lots of fun wall decals too!  (remember how I posted about my love of them on this blog?)  These are ALL from Etsy, and there are lots of other options at Target and other places too.





Ummmmm... LOVE.  I like that with these, you have options of picking colors too.  But they can get a bit pricey, so I may have to get my creative juices flowing and do something myself.  I would love to get some little ceramic bird accessories for shelves and things too, if I could find some... like this bank from Pottery Barn Kids:


 ...and I know they have sold some cute white decorative birdcages at my work.  I've got lots of ideas.  Hope my eyes aren't bigger than my pocketbook!

4 comments:

  1. CUUUUUUUTE! You know I'm all about birds (maybe) and owls. I have both birds and owls in my room. And my wedding (whenever that is...is birds and birdcages-its all sitting in storage-GAY). But I think it's so sweet for a baby! Just make sure if you do wall decals or something big that that's what you'll want as she goes into toddler years otherwise it'll cost to change it again when she grows out of the "baby" phase. I love that you'll incorporate other colors as well with whatever you do. I mean, I love pink but you're right, an overload isn't always as fun. Purple would be cute too!! So fun!! Whatever you do it will be super cute, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove the idea of a bird theme. So cute. I think whatever you decide this little girl's room is going to be adorable.

    I just need to hear your BOY ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... this has given me like 50 gift ideas for you - if you want a hook up for wall vinyl my friend up here owns willowcreek on Etsy (if that was one of the vinyl companies you were thinking of going through). And even if it's not, then I could probably still get a price quote from her on some of the stuff you 'can't do without' :) - YIPPEEEEE! I loved the birch tree/forest. Purple is my faaavorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the bananafish "love birds" bed set for our little Lilia and I LOVE IT! It's SO cute and I was just like you, I wanted her bedding to be obviously girly but not like a pink explosion! I don't know what you think about elephants, but this bedding is super cute and different too. I almost got it instead of the love birds set: http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/coc/coc7000-856.html This is super cute too: http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/coc/coc7000-856.html

    ReplyDelete